Marshmallow Days

Anime-Throb Thursday #1

Kimi to Boku



SypnosisThe story revolves around four teens—the good-looking twins Yuuta and Yuuki Asaba, the effeminate Shun Matsuoka, and the class head Kaname Tsukahara—who have known each other since early childhood. While they are not necessarily good or bad friends, they continue to hang out well into high school. The half-Japanese transfer student Chizuru Tachibana joins the circle of friends in this comedy about the everyday life of adolescence. (Taken from MyAnimeList)




BAE! I mean before anything else, I would like to say that I would be doing an anime review every Thursday GMT and hopefully be able to follow that rule tehee. 

Alright, Let's do this!

Review:Just a brief background of how I fell in love with this series. I have already read the manga of Kimi to Boku by Hotta, Kiichi before I have watched the anime adaption on which I started reading it on a whim. From here on out, it became an addiction till I caught up with the latest update and then turned to watching the anime adaption.

What made me so hook up in this series is because of the dynamic characters(and the same reason for almost every anime I love). Since it's a slice of life and a high school setting; you may might think the plot would be about how they would mature till they graduate but it isn't. It is more about their adventures, sorry not adventure. More like their pretty normal daily lives (Flash News: I would be reviewing Daily Lives of High School Boys in the near future!! haha).

Okay, for someone who does not like to watch genres like Slice of Life or watching someone how they go on about their lives which for some might think its boring, Kimi to Boku makes up for this by having an interesting set of main characters, a wonderful combination of people. If you look at the picture above, I guess you can easily infer the nosy, the strict, the mediator, and the unemotional troublemakers of the group. And by knowing their personalities, this would make you anticipate how they would react in a situation and how do they converse with each other. You could also observe that some of their actions is how we also are in real life(I...don't have proof but oh well). Like how reakky good friends, always somehow find themselves teasing or maybe bullying each other and a spoiler!


There is this one episode where they visit a tea club and the adviser or 'sensei' of the club showed up. And what I least expected to show up is a teacher who is bald and looks like a monk and the character's reaction is by doing their best not to laugh. I mean I know its rude to do that but in my case, if that where to happen to me, I would be doing the exact same thing, holding in my laughter. But before I upset anyone else let me give a defense or some of you might say excuse. I don't mean to tease the bald people but that kind of situation where I least expected or somewhat kind of expecting that would happen, would really make me laugh. Sorry, If I may have offended anyone but I really find it funny. Peace Out Yo!

Even the minor characters of the series is an interesting set of people. They have so good chemistry with the main cast that it also create some chuckworthy moments. 

Also, at the end of each episode you will receive some kind of lesson or you could say the character's reflection in life which would let you decide whether you would take it up as a lesson or not.

This series also has a good OP and ED, as well as its BGM. However for the animation, you might say that the Background is not that great or lively? but the reason for this is to make the atmosphere more relaxing as to why they use light colors or some might call pastel colors.

I would also recommend for you to listen to each of the Character's Song. The anime would also give you a teaser, iirc in Episode 8 id Kimi to Boku Season 2! Yes Guys, there is Season 2 for this series and it's good as the First season, if not even better tehee!!

EXTRASSSS! YASSS!
Here's a preview of Iinchou going wild!


Intense fight of...Thumb wrestling




Recommended for: Anyone who is looking for a laid-back kind of setting and would like to see how high school boys spend their lives without too much drama and for the romanticists or anyone who wants to see a bit of a super light-hearted romance. Lastly, for anyone who wants to have at least a good chuckle. And oh yeah, cats. If you love cats you should go watch this! If not Kaname's Mom will cry!

So Kawaiiii~
P.S. I also love the ongoing gag between Kaname and his mother ;)
P.P.S. So guys, if you have watched the series, I would really love to hear what you think about the series and hear whose your favorite character or moments or simply, I would like to hear your opinions tehee!


First