Eh A Gorilla?!

WHO THE FUDGE Wednesday #1

Another late post, Oh yeah! So I choose Wednesday GMT as a day where I post about people(real people) who I really appreciate and look up to. I know it's more reasonable to tell the person themselves that I appreciate them but I'm doing this so I could also share to you that amazing person and hoping that you might look him up. That's about it.

Alright, back to the main topic! The person I would really like to talk about is....




Sorachi Hideaki


Does his face remind of you of someone? No? Well here's a hint for you guys


That's right he's the author and the artist of the manga Gintama, the one and only creator of this brilliantly made story! And I can never thank him enough of making this series because of this series, I've learned to take it more easy in life. I became more optimistic and learned to have more fun. I learned so many in this series, how having a strong with others could really make a difference. I also like that how each of his character's are imperfect and that each of them really love themselves, I mean really. In this anime, I never see a character who has so much self hatred in himself.

But what I really like most is his humor that he incorporates in this series. I am always caught off guard of each character's reaction and turn of events. For example the famous toilet paper scene, I mean, come on how could a scene be only about toilet paper  for 8 minutes long can still be hilarious as hell. I really like to dissect his brain and see how his thought process works. He always manage to surprise me and always come up with the most hilariously absurd scene. Another one is the gender bender arc(which by the way hasn't been animated), I promise you what he did is genius and the typical soul exchange, he again have made something out of the ordinary. Wait, that's it! I like how he turns a repeatedly used gag or skit into something new and funny.

I also like that he made his characters to break the fourth wall (meaning that the characters are well aware that they are fiction or some sort). And he doesn't hold back of making fun of series himself, making some sort of self deprecating humor. Really, I'm just in awe of him because he is a one of kind. and to end this post here's a quote from him.

"Using fountain pens is a pain. Drawing backgrounds is a pain, too. Drawing manga is really a pain, seriously. And really, living itself is a pain. I want to become a cheescake..."
 
                                                                                                                      --Sorachi Hideaki
Previous
Next Post »