High School Boys and...?

Anime-Throb Thursday #2

Are you looking for something hilarious? Are you looking for another high school anime? Are you looking for a set of HOT high school boys? Then YAAAY! You find the right post except the part of having a set of hot high school boys cause what I'm going to be talking about is...*dundunduuuun*

Daily Lives of High School Boys 

--or Danshi Koukousei no Nichijouuuuuu OWWW! Sorry, I can't stop the urge ;)


Sypnosis
Tadakuni, Hidenori, and Yoshitake are students at the all-boys academy, Sanada North High School. This is a tale about just that—their daily lives as students. Winning the basketball tournament? Finding true love? You won't find any of that here. Whether it's sparking random arguments while hanging out with friends, meeting that one weird co-worker at a part-time job, or even letting imaginations run wild on a windy afternoon, we've all experienced the show's ordinary but true-to-life themes at one point or another. (Taken from MyAnimeList)

Review:
I call this section a review but all I'm really doing is talk about what I like in this show. And again, I got sidetracked. Anyways, back to the main topic.

As you can see, I again chose another slice of life, high school setting, and comedy genre. Welp, I just can't help it because this again is another masterpiece.

This series is all about randomness and I say typical high school boys. In one episode, it is subdivided into man parts and not necessarily connected with each other so you can expect that you'll be having one hell of a ride. I'm not too sure of how would I call the humor in this series but if I would to describe it, it is the kind of scene where you show your bare-self. You don't get it, I also don't know what I said. But I'm going to give you a sample piece from this series if you like.

Tadakuni's sister came one day demanding that someone stole her underwear and the trio(Tadakuni, Hidenori, and Yoshitake) agreed that they would help find the culprit and they set up a trap to catch the culprit. While waiting in the bush to ambush the culprit when it shows up, Yoshitake saw that Hidenori and Tadakuni is wearing the sister's underwear which switch up to the scene of him sitting by the some kind of riverbank to decide whether he would tell the sister the truth or not for their friendship. And what happens next...
Yoshitake decided to join his friends! so he put an underwear onto his head in effing serious mode then his friends who were the culprit suddenly catch him and called the sister in order to pin the blame on him. In the end he was sent flying by the sister and he confessed that the two are wearing the stolen underwear. Woooh, that's one hell of a summarization.


The anime's OP and ED are also good. Specially the ED song, not only the song will get stuck in your head; you also got to watch it.

The randomness and the childishness of the characters is what made this series grew on me. I also like how the characters dramatize and go fudging serious in something so trivial. How they react with each other. And definitely relating myself with their daily lives. I never knew watching them get bored and do some crazy stuff is so much fun. 

I also leave a keyword: Literature Girl ;)

Recommended for: People who likes comedy. People who wants to feel nostalgic and remember how kind of idiotic they are when they are young, you can so relate. And for the girls to see the high school boys mentality. A definitely must watch.


FEEEEN FACTSSS:
Fun Fact #1: Daily Lives of High School Boys was directed by Takamatsu, Shinji which is the same person who directed Gintama(2006-2010). So you can see the resemblance between how the jokes are executed in both of these show.

Fun Fact #2: Tanaka, Yoshitake = Okita, Sougo and Tabata, Hidenori = Sakata, Gintoki who are both co-workers in the anime show Gintama

EXTRAAAS YASSS!
Previous
Next Post »